ABL Psychological Services are practising under the guidance of the NZ Psychologists Board and NZ Government COVID Protection Framework – Red, Orange, and Green settings. To ensure the health and safety of everyone, the following practices are in place:
- At Red and Orange – No face-to-face appointments for unvaccinated clients over the age of 12.
- PLEASE CALL TO DISCUSS A DIGITAL ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT OPTION.
- At Green, unvaccinated clients require masks and 1 metre distancing.
- Park on driveway. Txt or call when you arrive and wait in your vehicle until instructed to enter by staff.
- Telephone / video consultations are the alternative option for unvaccinated parent /guardians.
- Our team are fully vaccinated.
- Please do not attend if you have symptoms of COVID or 14 days prior to your appointment you have had contact with a COVID positive case or have visited a current location of interest.
- We encourage everyone to wear a mask unless you are under 12, have a disability or health condition.
- To assist in maintaining 1 meter distancing we limit the number of people in the clinic.
- We continue to practise with good hygiene.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
For any urgent communication, please contact one of the numbers listed below;
Prakash 021 293 6758
Punita 021 263 0412
Clinic 021 191 3564
The Team at ABL
Welcome to ABL Psychological
If you feel you or your child are struggling with learning abilities or experiencing behavioural or emotional difficulties, ABL Psychological Services can help.
In the diverse New Zealand culture, it can be challenging and painful to be different. Our services aim to assess, guide and work with people to recognise and realise their strengths and how to identify and overcome potential barriers.
WE CAN HELP YOU IF…
- Your child is struggling in schoolwork
- Your child is displaying challenging behaviours
- He/She is hyperactive/impulsive
- He/She does not like school
- He/She is depressed
- there are signs of anxiety
WE PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR ADULTS AS WELL IF THEY…
- Have organisational issues
- Anger issues
- Relationship issues
- Mood issues/anxiety
TEACHERS & EDUCATIONAL SPECIALISTS
Are you a teacher or educational specialist who is responsible for a child or teenager who is displaying “problematic” or “unresponsive behaviours and committed to helping them overcome any challenges to achieve their optimum potential?
ABL Psychological Services can provide valuable information and effective strategies that can help you to make a positive difference in your students’ lives.
Are you the parent of an unhappy, angry, withdrawn, obsessive or argumentative child/teenager? Does your child appear to have learning difficulties in school with reading, writing, spelling or maths?
ABL Psychological Services could help you and your child to identify any difficulties and guide you both so that your child can experience positivity and calm in their lifestyle, as well as achieving his/her optimum potential.
MEDICAL PROFFESSIONALS & OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS
Are you or your child experiencing or feel limited by the effects of anxiety, depression, learning/behavioural problems? Or perhaps know of a family with a child or teenager/young adult who is?
ABL Psychological Services provides a wide range of assessments to meet diverse needs including skilled follow-up, training, counselling and advocacy which facilitates positive change.
WE DEAL WITH
- Asperger Syndrome
- Underachievement in school
- Challenging behaviours
- Concentration difficulties
- Emotional difficulties
- Relationship issues
- Speech difficulties
- Processing difficulties
- Being withdrawn
- Mood swings
- Refusal to go to school
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – for sadness, depression and anxiety
A lack of motivation, anxiety, lack of confidence and feeling out of place can often cause children and adults to suffer from feelings of inadequacy, depression and more.
At ABL Psychological Services we provide support, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and other organisational tools to help people that feel they are struggling, so that they can take back control of their life.
Are you seeking support for one of the following? ABL Psychological Services could help:
- Are you an adult who would like help with educational and learning strategies?
- Do you want to identify and utilise your strengths?
- Do you want support in developing your parenting skills?
- Are you concerned about problematic or addictive behaviours? (e.g. anxiety, depression etc.)
- Do you need help controlling anxiety, anger, sadness or developing your organisational skills?
- Are you struggling with a strained relationship?
Behaviour displayed by children and adults is a product of their experiences and learning. It has a meaning and function. Behaviour can be modified if we can modify their experiences and environment.